Being out of circulation at the time, I was unable to visit this fine crane which turned up somewhere in the vicinity of Sun Street in the City, the place where I did visit the bent crane, as noticed at reference 1.
A bit higher up. Quite tricky to get a decent shot of the whole thing with a telephone.
Lots more pictures of roughly the same thing at references 2, 3 and 4.
A first, in that there appears to be no trace of this particular outfit in the archive.
If one was quite rich, but still living in suburbia, it would be fun to hire one of these to lift one's new garden room into the back garden. One could make a bit of a festival of it with refreshments being provided for neighbours and crew. Maybe invite the mayor and the Surrey Comet along. And it t would put the people at reference 7 to shame. Sadly though, I imagine that there would be a lot of council hurdles to get over, before one could pull off such a stunt.
And while we are on technology, I read at reference 6 that money is pouring into the brain implant business. The latest hot ticket for speculators. Another pie that Mr. Musk has got his fingers into. Inter alia, it seems that US and Chinese investors have got more stomach for this sort of thing than those here in the UK: size does count.
See reference 5 for previous notice.
[Lifted from reference 2. Something to do with offshore wind farms in Taiwan. On rails rather than tracks]
References
Reference 1: https://psmv5.blogspot.com/2024/10/the-bent-crane.html. I had thought this was last year, not the year before. The sort of thing which seems to be happening all the time these days. All the more worrying as I have been noticing rather larger lapses in the memory of elapsed time among older gentlemen recently!
Reference 2: https://www.mammoet.com/.
Reference 3: https://www.mammoet.com/equipment/cranes/crawler-cranes/cc-8800-1/.
Reference 4: https://www.mammoet.com/siteassets/06-equipment/cranes/crawler-cranes/cc-8800-1/datasheet-cc-8800-1.pdf.
Reference 5: https://psmv6.blogspot.com/2026/06/reading-brain.html.
Reference 6: ‘I had a superpower’: investors pile into mind-reading brain implants: Start-ups developing thought-controlled technology are drawing venture capital funding from Silicon Valley to Beijing - Clive Cookson and Michael Peel, Financial Times - 2026.
Reference 7: https://psmv3.blogspot.com/2016/07/big-bath-1.html.
.jpeg)


No comments:
Post a Comment