Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Fake 201

A pot plant in the eastern dining room of the Ryde Castle Hotel in Ryde, now a Greene King house. The flowers were a touch out of season and manual touch revealed it to be a fake, but I thought a clever and a time consuming fake.

The trunk and the larger branches looked as if they had been a real tree at some point. But how did all the flowers and leaves, of different shapes and sizes, get to be carefully arranged on the twigs? Sweated labour in some sweaty, far eastern factory?

Google Images to the rescue. It all looks very plausible and, on this occasion I do not bother to check further. I guess £75.

The link provided - reference 2 - suggests that you can pay a great deal more - but also that this fake might indeed have sold for around £75.

References

Reference 1: https://psmv6.blogspot.com/2026/06/fake-200.html.

Reference 2: https://artificialplants.co.uk/.

Group search key: fakesk.

No comments:

Post a Comment